Discretionary Grant Scheme for Wealden Businesses Now Live until 5pm on the 19th June 2020
The discretionary grant scheme for Wealden businesses is now live and taking applications for grants until 5pm on the 19th June 2020.
Discretionary grants are available for certain small businesses who were not eligible for either of the previous business grants including the ‘Small Business Grants Fund’ and the ‘Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Grants Fund’.
The government have advised that priority be given to businesses with fixed property-related costs which can demonstrate that they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 pandemic:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces. Examples could include units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment.
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment.
- Bed and Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates.
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
In addition to the national fund priorities, the Council has decided that it will accept applications from local businesses who meet the criteria below. Although it should be noted that as the grant fund is limited, the Council will look to award funding to businesses who meet the national priorities first.
Small / micro business:
- in the leisure, food and beverage supply chain
- providing medical services
- that are non-profit making organisations providing support to the vulnerable and disadvantaged groups and who have not received any other funding through SLA agreements with the local authority
- providing Training Services
- that are Agricultural
Applications from these businesses will only be reviewed, assessed and awarded if there is a surplus in funds after awarding grants to the national priorities.
The Community & Regeneration Team
Community & Regeneration, Wealden District Council
Council Offices | Vicarage Lane | Hailsham | East Sussex | BN27 2AX
OUR NEXT MEETING
NOT ONLINE! A REAL MEETING!
Thursday 2nd December 2021
Open from 7.00am - 9.00am
Enjoy a whole host of member benefits for less than 25p a day!
Browse our membership directory to see the businesses and individuals who are a part of Hailsham Chamber of Commerce.
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Free access to the latest news, events and offers from your local Chamber and its members.